Why we are engaging with Copperworks Housing Association (Copperworks)
We are engaging with Copperworks about planned organisational changes.
Copperworks and Spire View Housing Association (Spire View) have been progressing transfer proposals in discussion with Copperworks’ tenants. In May 2023 in an independent ballot, 87% of Copperworks’ tenants voted on the proposals, with 93% voting in favour of the transfer proposals. Copperworks will continue to work with Spire View as it prepares for a transfer of engagements in summer 2023.
What Copperworks must do
Copperworks must keep us informed as it works through its proposals for a transfer of engagements to Spire View.
- engage with Copperworks as required as it progresses the transfer of engagement to Spire View; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Copperworks.
Copperworks must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.