This landlord has transferred to Cairn. You can read the engagement plan for Cairn and all of its subsidiaries below.
Why we are engaging with Cairn Housing Association Ltd (Cairn)
We are engaging with Cairn about its development plans and the transfer of engagements from Pentland Housing Association (Pentland).
Cairn has one registered subsidiary ANCHO Ltd.
Following a successful ballot of its tenants, Pentland transferred its engagements to Cairn on 1 April 2022. Cairn will now support Pentland as it progresses removal from the Register of Social Landlords.
Cairn is one of the larger developers of new affordable housing in Scotland. It has plans to grow through a considerable programme of new homes for social rent, and will receive significant public subsidy to help achieve this.
What Cairn must do
- send us by 30 June 2022:
- its approved business plan and report to the governing body about the plan; and
- its updated risk register;
- provide quarterly updates on progress with the integration of Pentland into Cairn and with the delivery of the commitments Cairn has made to Pentland’s tenants and service users;
- provide the information we require to progress the de-registration of Pentland. This includes Pentland’s final audited financial statements and auditors report; and
- send us an update on its development programme by 31 October 2022. This will include details of the scale and tenure mix, timescales for delivery and any material delays or changes to the programme.
What we will do
- meet with Cairn’s senior staff to discuss the business plan and other information;
- engage as necessary on the integration of Pentland into Cairn and on the delivery of the commitments Cairn has made to Pentland’s tenants and service users;
- consider the de-registration application for Pentland;
- review the development update and liaise as necessary; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Cairn.
Cairn must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.