Why we are engaging with Strathclyde (Camphill) Housing Society Ltd (Strathclyde Camphill)
We are engaging with Strathclyde Camphill about its plans for organisational change.
Strathclyde Camphill has completed a Sales to Members Policy in line with its constitution. It now intends to transfer the remaining homes to another Registered Social Landlord (RSL), Glasgow Housing Association (GHA). It is currently engaging with its tenants regarding the proposed transfer and is working with GHA to examine the strategic options for the transfer. A transfer of engagements is required to ensure that the interests of the remaining tenants are protected.
We are engaging with Strathclyde Camphill to seek assurance about progress with the transfer of its homes to ensure that the interests of tenants are protected.
What Strathclyde Camphill must do
Strathclyde Camphill must:
- keep us up to date on progress with its plans for a transfer of engagements; and
- ensure that it meets statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to the planned transfer of engagements particularly in relation to tenant consultation.
What we will do
- liaise with Strathclyde Camphill about the transfer of engagements;
- seek assurance about the progress of the proposals and that tenants’ interests are protected; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Strathclyde Camphill.
Strathclyde Camphill must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.