Video: How to raise a concern about a social landlord

Watch our video or read the text version below to find out how to raise a concern about a social landlord. You can find out more about how we work in our guide to how we regulate for tenants and service users.


26 November 2019

Watch a BSL version of this video 

How to raise a concern about a social landlord 

If you have a complaint about a social landlord, follow your landlord's complaints procedure.

You can get this from your landlord or on its website.

Follow the procedure to its end.

If you're unhappy with how your landlord handled your complaint, contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO):

Freephone: 0800 377 7330

You can also report a significant performance failure (SPF).

An SPF is something your landlord does that puts many or all of its tenants at risk.

This could be failing to:

  • do gas safety checks on time
  • let tenants apply for another house
  • help tenants report anti-social behaviour
  • report on its performance against the standards and outcomes of the Scottish Social Housing Charter

If you think an SPF has happened, report it to your landlord and give it time to put it right.

If it doesn't sort it, you can report it to us.

We may use our legal powers to act, if we need to, to protect your interests.

Read more about us and what we do in How we regulate: A guide for tenants and service users

Watch a video about us to find out more about who we are and what we do