Scottish Ministers are recruiting two new members to the Scottish Housing Regulator’s board.
George Walker, Chair of the Scottish Housing Regulator said:
“This is an excellent opportunity to join our team to help safeguard and promote the interests of tenants and service users. We are working with Scottish Ministers to recruit two new members.
“We are asking all our stakeholders to help us promote these opportunities. We want to attract candidates from all walks of life; with a range of viewpoints and life experiences. In particular I’d like to encourage applications from women and other underrepresented groups in Scottish public life.
“We would like to invite anyone interested to get in attend one of our virtual events in June. I would also encourage applicants to read our information pack and watch the two information videos we have produced.”
The Scottish Housing Regulator is led by a Board of non-executives members appointed by Scottish Ministers. The Board sets the Regulator’s strategic direction and has responsibility for governance and oversight of SHR. The closing date for applicants is midday, 28 June 2021.
Find out more about the role and how to apply:
- Find out about the skills and experience we are seeking and how to apply at the Appointed for Scotland website.
- Watch a short video from our Chair George Walker and Board member Siobhan White about the opportunities.
- Watch our video - ‘Top Tips for Applicants’ about filling in the application form
- Sign up for one of our information events at www.eventbrite.co.uk
- Watch our Board member Helen Trouten Torres and hear about her experience of being on a board - Video 1: What board do you serve on?, Video 2: Why do you want to serve on a board? , Video 3: Advice for those wishing to apply
- Find out more about our Board and find out how to contact us.
Notes to editors
- The Scottish Housing Regulator was established on 1 April 2011 under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2010. Its objective is to safeguard and promote the interests of tenants and others who use local authority and RSL housing services. The Regulator operates independently of Scottish Ministers and is accountable directly to the Scottish Parliament. It assumed its full regulatory responsibilities on 1 April 2012. The Regulator consists of the Chair and six Board members. More information about the Regulator can be found on its website at www.housingregulator.gov.scot
- SHR regulates around 160 registered social landlords and the housing activities of 32 local authorities.
- SHR sets out how it regulates social landlords in its published framework – Regulation of Social Housing in Scotland.
- Appointments to SHR's Board are made by Scottish Ministers and regulated by the Ethical Standards Commissioner.