Why we are engaging with Blackwood Homes and Care (Blackwood)
We are engaging with Blackwood about planned organisational changes.
On 31 August 2022 Abbeyfield Scotland transferred its homes to Blackwood. On 28 January 2023 Abbeyfield Scotland was removed from the Register of Social Landlords. Blackwood continues to progress delivery of the commitments it made to transferring tenants.
What Blackwood must do
Blackwood must provide quarterly updates on progress with the integration of Abbeyfield Scotland into Blackwood and with the delivery of the commitments Blackwood has made to Abbeyfield Scotland’s tenants.
What we will do
- engage as necessary on the integration of Abbeyfield Scotland into Blackwood and on the delivery of the commitments Blackwood has made to Abbeyfield Scotland’s tenants; and
- update our published engagement plan in the light of any material change to our planned engagement with Blackwood.
Blackwood must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.