Why we are engaging with East Lothian Housing Association Ltd (ELHA)
We are engaging with ELHA about its governance.
ELHA told us that seven out of 12 of its governing body members have served for nine years or more. The regulatory Standards of Governance and Financial Management require landlords to formally and actively plan to ensure orderly succession of governing body places and the sustainability of the governing body.
What ELHA must do
ELHA must send us details of the work it plans to do ensure that it is meeting regulatory requirements.
What we will do
- review the information ELHA provides us with and engage as necessary; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with ELHA.
ELHA must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.