Why we are engaging with Lister
We are engaging with Lister about its strategic options review.
COVID-19 has significantly impacted the services provided by social landlords in 2020 and will continue to influence how services are provided in 2021. We will continue to monitor, assess and report upon how each landlord is responding and we will keep our regulatory engagement under review so that we can continue to respond to the challenges of COVID-19.
Lister advised us in 2020/21 that its Senior Officer intends retiring in 2021/22. Lister is carrying out a strategic review and will consider the organisational options available to it.
What Lister must do
- send us the report on the strategic review.
What we will do
- liaise with Lister as it considers its future options; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Lister.
Lister must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.