Why we are engaging with Blackwood Homes and Care (Blackwood)
We are engaging with Blackwood about planned organisational changes.
Blackwood is developing detailed proposals for the transfer of engagements of Abbeyfield Scotland Ltd (Abbeyfield Scotland). Abbeyfield Scotland’s tenants will then vote on the proposals in an independent ballot.
What Blackwood must do
Blackwood must liaise with us as it develops proposals for the transfer of engagements from Abbeyfield Scotland.
What we will do
- liaise as necessary about the proposed transfer of engagements from Abbeyfield Scotland; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Blackwood.
Blackwood must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.