Why we are engaging with Port of Leith Housing Association Ltd (Port of Leith)
We are engaging with Port of Leith about its development plans.
Port of Leith is one of the larger developers of new affordable housing in Scotland. It has plans to grow through a considerable programme of new homes for social rent and mid-market rent, and will receive significant public subsidy to help achieve this. The number of affordable homes provided by Port of Leith will increase by around one quarter over the next five years.
What Port of Leith must do
Port of Leith must:
- send us by 30 June 2022:
- its approved business plan and report to the governing body about the plan; and
- its updated risk register;
- send us an update on its development programme by 31 October 2022. This will include details of the scale and tenure mix, timescales for delivery and any material delays or changes to the programme; and
- tell us if there are any material adverse changes to its demolition and development plans which might affect its financial position or reputation, in line with our notifiable events guidance.
What we will do
- meet with Port of Leith’s senior staff to discuss the business plan and other information;
- review the development update and liaise as necessary; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Port of Leith.
Port of Leith must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.