Why we are engaging with Maryhill Housing Association Ltd (Maryhill)
We are engaging with Maryhill about its service quality and tenant and resident safety.
To assess the risk to social landlord services we have reviewed and compared the 2021/22 service quality performance of all social landlords to identify the weakest performing landlords. We will therefore engage with Maryhill about tenant satisfaction including repairs satisfaction and repairs right first time.
In summer 2021 Maryhill commissioned a number of independent external audits of its compliance with its tenant and resident safety duties including legionella, carbon monoxide and asbestos. Maryhill developed comprehensive action plans and has made good progress in addressing the findings of the audits over the past year with two action plans now complete and the remaining action plan due to be completed by September 2023.
Maryhill is engaged in contractual action regarding render failure on some of its homes. We have been engaging with Maryhill about the immediate and long-term steps it is taking to address this issue. It has put in place a suite of control measures to address the risk to tenants and residents and it continues to seek a long-term solution to address the problem.
What Maryhill must do
- review its performance for tenant satisfaction including repairs satisfaction and repairs right first time and consider what improvement action it needs to take;
- keep us informed of progress with the remaining action plan to improve its management of its tenant and resident safety duties; and
- keep us informed about its progress in addressing the render issues.
What we will do
- review Maryhill’s service quality performance as part of our 2023/24 risk assessment;
- engage with Maryhill as it continues to improve its management of its tenant and resident safety duties;
- engage as necessary to monitor Maryhill’s progress with finding a solution to the render issues; and
- update our published engagement plan in the light of any material change to our planned engagement with Maryhill.
Maryhill must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.