Why we are engaging with Osprey
We are engaging with Osprey about the transfer of engagements from Osprey Housing Moray.
COVID-19 has significantly impacted the services provided by social landlords in 2020 and will continue to influence how services are provided in 2021. We will continue to monitor, assess and report upon how each landlord is responding and we will keep our regulatory engagement under review so that we can continue to respond to the challenges of COVID-19.
The transfer took place on 1 April 2021 after Osprey Housing Moray’s tenants supported the proposal in an independent ballot. Osprey will now support Osprey Housing Moray as it progresses its application for removal from the Register of Social Landlords (the Register).
What Osprey must do
- provide updates on progress with the integration of Osprey Housing Moray into Osprey and the delivery of the commitments made to Osprey Housing Moray’s tenants; and
- provide updates on progress with the application from Osprey Housing Moray to be removed from the Register.
What we will do
- liaise with Osprey as it progresses the integration of Osprey Housing Moray into Osprey and on the delivery of the commitments made to Osprey Housing Moray’s tenants;
- liaise as necessary about the application for the removal of Osprey Housing Moray from the Register; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Osprey.
Osprey must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.