Why we are engaging with Spire View Housing Association (Spire View)
We are engaging with Spire View about a proposed transfer of engagements from Copperworks Housing Association (Copperworks).
Spire View has had service sharing arrangements with Copperworks since 2011. In July 2022, both organisations carried out a strategic options appraisal to assess how they will work together in the future to ensure the best interests of their tenants. The recommendation from the options appraisal was that the organisations should seek to merge through a transfer of engagements. Both organisations agreed to progress a transfer of Copperworks’ homes to Spire View.
Spire View and Copperworks will now further develop the transfer proposals in consultation with Copperworks’ tenants.
Spire View must:
- liaise with us as it works with Copperworks on the proposed transfer of engagements.
- liaise as necessary about the proposed transfer of engagements of Copperworks to Spire View; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Spire View.
Spire View must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.