Why we are engaging with Blackwood Homes and Care (Blackwood)
We are engaging with Blackwood about planned organisational changes.
Blackwood has been developing detailed proposals for the transfer of engagements of Abbeyfield Scotland Ltd (Abbeyfield Scotland). In June 2022, in an independent ballot 79.2% of Abbeyfield Scotland’s tenants voted on the proposals, with 98.9% voting in favour of the transfer proposals. Blackwood will continue to work with Abbeyfield Scotland as it prepares for the transfer of engagements.
What Blackwood must do
Blackwood must liaise with us as it works with Abbeyfield Scotland on the proposed transfer of engagements.
What we will do
- engage as necessary about the proposed transfer of engagements from Abbeyfield Scotland; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Blackwood.
Blackwood must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.