Why we are engaging with Blackwood Homes and Care (Blackwood)
We are engaging with Blackwood about planned organisational changes.
In June 2022, in an independent ballot, 98.8% of Abbeyfield Scotland’s tenants voted in favour of a transfer of engagements to Blackwood. On 31 August 2022 Abbeyfield Scotland transferred its homes to Blackwood. Blackwood will now support Abbeyfield Scotland as it progresses removal from the SHR Register of Social Landlords.
What Blackwood must do
- provide quarterly updates on progress with the integration of Abbeyfield Scotland into Blackwood and with the delivery of the commitments Blackwood made to Abbeyfield Scotland’s tenants; and
- provide the information we require to progress the de-registration of Abbeyfield Scotland. This includes Abbeyfield Scotland’s final audited financial statement and auditors report.
What we will do
- engage as necessary on the integration of Abbeyfield Scotland into Blackwood and on the delivery of the commitments Blackwood has made to Abbeyfield Scotland’s tenants;
- consider the de-registration application for Abbeyfield Scotland; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Blackwood.
Blackwood must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.