Why we are engaging with Cathcart & District Housing Association Ltd (Cathcart & District)
We are engaging with Cathcart & District about tenant and resident safety .
In 2021, Cathcart and District commissioned a review of compliance with its tenant and resident safety duties. This found non-compliance in a number of areas. Cathcart and District put in place an action plan to address the areas of non-compliance and has worked well to improve compliance across all its duties. It is currently progressing inspections to provide Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) and has an action plan in place to complete these inspections by March 2023. We will engage with Cathcart and District as it completes its responsibilities in relation to EICR inspections.
What Cathcart & District must do
Cathcart & District must:
- provide us with monthly updates on progress with completing EICR inspections.
What we will do
- review the information Cathcart & District provides us with regarding progress with EICR inspections and engage as necessary; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Cathcart & District.
Cathcart & District must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.