Why we are engaging with Scottish Borders Council (Scottish Borders)
We are engaging with Scottish Borders about its services for people who are homeless.
During 2021/22, we reviewed and compared the data for all Councils from the Scottish Government’s national homelessness statistics and the Annual Returns on the Charter. We also spoke to all Councils to gather further information and assurance about their homelessness services. To assess the risks to people who are threatened with or experiencing homelessness we will engage with all Councils during 2022/23.
We will engage with Scottish Borders in particular about its assessment of homelessness applications.
What Scottish Borders must do
Scottish Borders must provide us with the information we require in relation to its homelessness service.
What we will do
- review the information Scottish Borders provides about its homelessness service;
- meet with Scottish Borders to discuss its homelessness service and decide whether we require any additional assurance; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Scottish Borders.
Scottish Borders must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns:
- Annual Assurance Statement; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.