Why we are engaging with Viewpoint Housing Association Ltd (Viewpoint)
We are engaging with Viewpoint about tenant and resident safety.
Viewpoint identified weaknesses in its management of tenant and resident safety following concerns raised about fire safety at one of its developments. Viewpoint engaged with specialists and carried out an inspection which identified a number of issues. Viewpoint is taking forward the identified actions and we are engaging with it to seek assurance about its progress.
Viewpoint is working openly and constructively with us as it completes this work.
What Viewpoint must do
Viewpoint must provide us with monthly reports on its progress in completing the fire safety actions.
What we will do
- review Viewpoint’s progress in completing the fire safety actions; and
- update our published engagement plan in light of any material change to our planned engagement with Viewpoint.
Viewpoint must provide us with the following annual regulatory returns and alert us to notifiable events as appropriate:
- Annual Assurance Statement;
- audited financial statements and external auditor’s management letter;
- loan portfolio return;
- five year financial projections; and
- Annual Return on the Charter.
It should also notify us of any material changes to its Annual Assurance Statement, and any tenant and resident safety matter which has been reported to or is being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive or reports from regulatory or statutory authorities or insurance providers, relating to safety concerns.